Knitchique

A chick who goes on and on about knitting, designing knitting, crazy musings, shoes, family, and other stuff that pops into my too full head.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Beginner post #2

I am extremely new at this. I am learning, and as soon as I can, I'll be uploading all sorts of photos of works in progress as well as completed works. I may even go into the history of knitting, knitchique style.

I guess one just has to start typing out what ever is in one's mind just to get the ball rolling. Right now, I am working on a store sample (for The Yarn Cafe) of the "Einstein Coat" and I am using Noro Silver Thaw in a purple and green and blue colorway.

It is turning out very beautiful. I always wanted to knit that coat out of a Noro yarn. All the garter stitch is very boring, but with all the self striping, it keeps my interest.

Right at this moment, my beloved dog Stan is making a bed out of my newly knit "Mondrian" scarf that I just submitted to Knitty. He loves my knitting, and has claimed several blankets and always sits in my lap UNDER the knitting while I'm knitting. I recently knit him a felted teddy bear based on the "Baby Bobbi Bear" pattern. It even has a squeaky in the paw! Again,
when I know how to upload photos, I'll include the bear.

I'm wanting to submit design ideas to the print magazines, and am not exactly sure how. I know that a description is required as well as a swatch. That always throws me. How big of a swatch? What if the item is already done? What if it is felted, do I send a felted swatch?? Then there is the possibility of getting yarn from the yarn companies to knit the designs for the magazines. How do I get that FREE yarn?? I have been doing all of this on my own for so long, and have purchased all of my yarn...well, except when I'm knitting store samples, but then I can't keep it either. sigh!

Today being Sunday, I was at the Yarn Cafe doing the Open Knitting Clinic. I really, REALLY enjoy fixing knit problems! I get all charged up having the challenge of finding the source of the problem and then finding a solution. It is an added bonus when my "patients" think I'm a miracle worker. It's a great feeling! I also do Clinics on Wednesday evenings. It is so much better than being a regular store employee. It fits so much better with me.

Well...stay happy, keep breathing, and keep on knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger grrrlartist said...

hooray sheryl!! can't wait to help you put up all kinds of photos and stuff!

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home