Knitchique

A chick who goes on and on about knitting, designing knitting, crazy musings, shoes, family, and other stuff that pops into my too full head.

Friday, October 06, 2006

The 3rd one

The hardest thing about starting a blog is to remember that I have one.

Today is my 16th wedding anniversary! I am hoping to wander around the lakes looking at all the wonderful houses and then visiting a little cafe I've heard about for lunch. I say hoping because I have the day off and my love has to work part of the day. I really want to show him all the neat places that I now drive by every day as a result of having to drive my son to school in another district. Well...what to do until then? Um...how about knit?


I recently received a big box of Knit Picks superwash wool. I got it to start a hoodie for my dear daughter. She wants it black with a big red skull and crossbones on the back and a little one on the front. I have never knit with this yarn, but what I've read about it sounds good. It is soft, and it can be thrown in the washing machine. I am designing the hoodie, so I need to do up a gauge swatch. I'll let you know my conclusion of the workability of the yarn when I play with it some. In the same package came a book that I find absolutley hysterical. It is the Museum of Kitschy Stitches by Stitchy McYarnpants. I love it and it makes me laught till I cry!

I am going to get a blogging lesson from my dear friend Tiff, and when I do, there will be links and photos and much more for your reading pleasure. I have big plans for the look of this blog...so stay tuned!

Keep knitting and stay happy!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home