Knitchique

A chick who goes on and on about knitting, designing knitting, crazy musings, shoes, family, and other stuff that pops into my too full head.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Knittng Genius


Well, well, well...

I have been in the presence of a brilliant mind-and awsome talent, and someone whom I wish was my best friend! On Saturday I (along with three other cool knitters: Lisa, Emily, & Tiffany) went to Eau Claire, WI to see and hear Sally Melville speak.

First we stopped in at Yellow Dog yarn shop and fondled some wonderful yarns. I purchased some NORO yarn to make a multi-directional scarf. More on that later. Then after a bite to eat, we headed over to the hotel to hear Ms. Melville speak. We got to have photos with her, and I got a big boost...she, along with many, many others LOVED my bag. That was so fun, to have other gush about one of my designs!

Sally's talk covered much more than just knitting. She covered the whole creative process, some science, psychology, and quantum physics!! I was so enthralled with her process of teaching, and all the stories surrounding the recent books, as well as the items that didn't make it into the those books, but will be in the up-coming ones!!

I am so inspired to truly become a full-fledged knitting designer, to be in the same "pool" as Sally Melville, to pass my passion and knowledge and methods of teaching knitting on to others, to tap into the "other universe" of fabulous inspired ideas and create wonderful things that push and influence others to create on their own, and in return, know that the world is a better place because of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home