Knitchique

A chick who goes on and on about knitting, designing knitting, crazy musings, shoes, family, and other stuff that pops into my too full head.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

How many projects...or WIP's?

Knitting...how do I love thee, let me count the ways...

WIP's:
Circular Shrug Vest out of Schaefer Yarns Marijaana, color Margaret Sanger

Shapely Tank from White Lies Design - Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed

Zoe's Skull hoodie- Knit Picks Swish Superwash, colors Black & Red Pepper

Art Yarns Zig Zag Modular Scarf out of Noro Tidiori, colors 1 and 7

Dream Swatch out of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn, color old rose

Sample Square Throw out of Noro Iroha, in many jewel toned colors

Side to side garter stitch gloves out of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn

A beaded purse...somewhere in my knitting room...on size 000 double point needles! Tip: dont stab yourself with one of these babies, it'll go right through you!

That's what WIP's I can easily find, or remember.

I have just finished my Cabled Cardigan from the fall Vogue Knitting which I made out of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in black...Yummmmmm. It is blocking right now!
I can't wait to wear it! It feels so delicious on. When I do wear it, I may be naked underneath!!! I did find a few errors in the pattern that at the time were not listed online in the errata. One is just a typo, the other is the code for the cables. One of them for the left side is printed as the mirror image of what you really want to be doing with that cable.

I discovered that by doing the right side, all the way, leaving out one of the steps for the cable. I thought it looked a little odd, but the photo wasn't large enough to show the cables in great detail, and it looked alright enough. Then I charted out the left side, and that is when I discovered MY error on the right side. I decided to make up the left side and go back and rip out the right and re-do it. In the process of making up the left side, that's when I discovered the error in the pattern's chart. My cable was wandering off in a direction that was very independent of the orderly manner of the sweater. I fixed that boo-boo, and was then able to do the right side correct. I LOVE it!! I am making the belt right now...OOPS I guess that is another WIP, isn't it?

I have a finished baby sweater out of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, only it is not assembled yet. The pattern came out of Inerweave Knits, from around fall of 2005. It has been sitting in it's bag for well over a year! Why am I waiting??? Well, I am fairly new to the seaming thing. I had been planning most garments to be seamless to avoid making a bad seam. But...BUT...now with the success of my cardigan behind me, I should be able to do a smashing job on the baby sweater!!

I am sure there are many more WIP's that I just cannot locate, or think of, as well as many started projects that really didn't want to be what I started them as, and I may just include them in another post someday. Until then...

Stay happy, keep knitting, and feel your way to joy, one stitch at a time!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home