Knitchique

A chick who goes on and on about knitting, designing knitting, crazy musings, shoes, family, and other stuff that pops into my too full head.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Happy Camper?

I want to go to Knitting Camp.

I am going to apply to go to Knitting Camp.

I am going to go to Knitting Camp!

There. I've stated my intentions and affirmations...now I will be going to camp and be a happy camper.

I have wanted to go to the camp started by Elizabeth Zimmerman (now run by her daughter Meg Swanson) for many years. I recieved the Knitting Workshop DVD and the Special Techniques DVD for Christmas, and as informative and wonderful as those are, I want up close and personal guidance. I love learning! I feel a need right now to expand my knitting knowledge, and what better place than Camp?!

For inspiration, I started knitting the EZ Baby Surprise Jacket. (EZ is for Elizabeth Zimmerman, not EASY.) It is interesting to say the least. I have no idea how it is going to turn into a jacket. I really wanted to make an adult size version, but the more I looked at the "pattern", the more I thought I had better start out with a small version and get the hang of it first. Here it is in progress...

I'm off to my Kaleidoscope Tote class #2 at
3KNA.

Well, happy knitting to you all, and keep your virtual fingers crossed that I get into camp!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home