Knitchique

A chick who goes on and on about knitting, designing knitting, crazy musings, shoes, family, and other stuff that pops into my too full head.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

And now...

....Introducing....Kaleidoscope MINI ME!!


Ain't she cute? I have the pattern all ready, and she will be such a great mate to the tote. Also, a smaller project may be just what someone needs rather than the full size version. She is about 9x9x1.5 inches.

I have been teaching a lot at 3 Kittens and just finished up with the first Kaleidoscope Tote class...


and my latest class was on the Felted Moebius Baskets out of Cat Bordhi's book A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting.

















These are so much fun to knit, and they go so fast.
My favorite so far is the Rainbow basket.



This one is destined to go to Tiff when she comes over to help me out with this crazy computer and blog.

I hadn't posted pics of my daughter's sweater when I finished it, so here-ya-go!






























Up coming classes that I'll be teaching at 3KNA...
Sock Monkey Hat

Scraptabulous Bag

Stained Glass Bag
Mitered Head Scarf (on my head, the Mondrian Scarf is shown on my neck)

I'll also be teaching the Kaleisoscope Tote and the Moebius Baskets again in march! There are these sooo cute felted chicks to put into easter baskets or just for springtime decoration. I'm making up one now, and will be teaching a class on them...we are announcing that class as:
KNIT CHICKS WITH KNITCHIQUE!

I really have found that I LOVE to teach knitting. It is my deepest wish that I can design and teach knitting as my one and only job. As far off as that sounds, not too many years ago, I was told that I would be teaching, and I thought that was a bunch of hooey. Now look at me! I am always telling my students that they can do anything, in regards to knitting, but it really is true with anything in life. You just have to decide what it is that you want, and stay focused on that desire, and it will come true, it will happen. All the doubting voices and nay-sayers need to be shut out and turned down so your desire is the only "voice" you hear. If you could only hear the one voice that is calling you, you would always find your way. Staying focused is the key.

Whew!! I need to remind myself of that more often than I do.












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home