Knitchique

A chick who goes on and on about knitting, designing knitting, crazy musings, shoes, family, and other stuff that pops into my too full head.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Giddy doesn't begin to describe it...


I can not and will not contain my excitement and the thrilling feeling I have!! In the words of the Pointer Sisters, "I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!" What am I so excited about, you ask? Since four of my designs were displayed at the Quilting and Sewing Expo (Thrusday thru Saturday), I have sold 140 copies of my patterns and I am aware that many more are requested!

These are the patterns that I had displayed there:

Kaleidoscope Tote

Scraptabulous 2

Stained Glass Bag

Mondrian Scarf



This shows both the colorful version and the three color version. My 14 year old son wears the black, grey, and white scarf to school every day, and several students want one...




















The Kaleidoscope tote was in the fashion show every few hours, and after each showing, the booth was swarming with people wanting the pattern!!

Vivian Hoxbro (Author of Domino Knitting) was there signing her books and teaching some classes. I heard that she loved my colorful designs, and I attempted to get into her class on Friday. Sadly it was sold out. I did meet her at the end of the day, and she signed my book, and gave wonderful encouragement and inspiration to me. When she heard that I could not get into her class, she responded,"Oh! You could have been my Angel and helped me with the class." HOW COOL IS THAT?!?

I am seeing the realization of my dream to be a designer, and a rockstar status one at that. I can handle it. My designs are even going to be sold in Chicago, and possibly soon in Wisconson. I'm INTER-STATEional!! ROCK ON!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! I loved this post, I can't wait until I can say I knitted with this chick in her kitchen! I knew you when... Sheryl, YOU ROCK!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home