Knitchique

A chick who goes on and on about knitting, designing knitting, crazy musings, shoes, family, and other stuff that pops into my too full head.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

It's not a mistake, it's an opportunity!

You know when you are knitting along like mad and excited about the outcome, and then...you suspiciously look at what you are making and it looks totally wrong to you? That is what happened to my shrug out of the Shaeffer yarn . It
was supposed to be 21 inches across, after the ribbing.
As you can see here in
these photos, it is not 21 inches!




It is sadly 32 inches!!!
I honestly don't know what went wrong, beacuse I did take time to check my gauge!


I contemplated what to do with a little help from my friend Newcastle, and decided to start over...from the very beginning!
I revamped the pattern, and I decided to make it all in one piece, rather than seam two together. I also decided to change the stitch for the body section of the shrug...yes I checked gauge...and as a result, I now have 354 stitches on my needle that I need to make 7 inches long with a K2 P2 ribbing...it is taking a while, but I believe that this time it will work out! I know, I know, is a shrug really worth it? Well, this one will be. It WILL be!






I recently added some Noro to my "collection" and here is the proof.


One skein of Noro Silk Mountain in color 2...65% Wool, 25% Silk, 10% Kid Mohair
Two skeins of Noro Sakura, one in color 3, and one in color 5...36% Rayon, 28% Polyester, 18% Nylon, 11% Silk, 7% Lambs Wool
One ball of Noro Kureon in color 182...100% Wool...isn't that a fabulous color?!?

I also purchased a bottle of SOAK woolen wash, and I've only experimented with it once, but I can tell I'm going to like it, there is no need to rinse!

Last Sunday, I traveled to Madison WI to hear Meg Swanson speak, and to view the beautiful sweaters that she, and her mother Elizabeth Zimmerman, as well as several others, have knit. I will show photos later and go into my overall take on the exhibit when I get the CD with photos on it...(I forgot my camera and didn't discover it until we were halfway there, so a disposable camera was purchased) So...stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home